Polishing Beads

I found these large, plastic gems at Dollar Tree. You can pretty well tell from looking at them that they came from a large package that was purchased for a dollar.

So I decided to pretty them up with nail polish. After some experimentation, I found a clear-based glitter polish worked the best, and that it did indeed add quite a bit to them.

This Christmas tin came in handy:

This was a handy project for Weirdery‘s Craft Day, as it didn’t involve loud sewing machines or take up a lot of room. Plus, I inspired a fellow crafter to think about more uses for nail polish.


Neimans Window Covers

As promised, here are some shots of the finished, printed on, and finalized plastic covers I sewed for the windows we’re working on for the Neiman Marcus Christmas window display:

They were too big to get straight-on pictures of without running out into traffic, so here is also one of the “small” ones:

Also, here is another preview:

Making Neimans Plastic

The Project:

4 curtains with casings at the top and bottom, all of them 10ish feet high by 10 to 20 feet long


While we set up the Christmas display, we’ll be keeping the windows covered with plastic. I glued the sides down and kept them weighted with a drill as I was working. One of my cohorts came by to claim the drill and replaced my weight with a different drill. I think it’s the second one that’s pictured below:

Sitting on a box and sewing on plastic!:

That is a lot of plastic:

But it folds up small:

Photos of plastic in action coming soon!